Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Ideal Learning Enviornment

When I think about what local means to me as a pre-service teacher, many things came to mind. Many places like John Carroll's campus, Lake Erie, Quicken Loans Arena, and the big city and all its surrounding suburbs. The one thing that all of these things have in common, Cleveland. As you may know I was born in Florida, but I have lived in Northeastern Ohio all of my life, so only being an hour away it has been easy to relate to Cleveland. Many major sports figures or even their fans usually dislike Cleveland because it is not one of your gigantic cities. But I feel that to truly respect and I believe in the city you have to be close to for a little while. One of the reasons as to why I enjoy Cleveland and all of Northeastern Ohio is because of Lake Erie, now obviously everyone knows about it once being the "Dead Lake" but it has come a long way. While Lake Erie still may not be the cleanest water you'll find, things have certainly improved greatly. Any day you can go to one of the multiple beaches and see numerous people sitting and relaxing underneath the summer sun. There are numerous things that can be learned from our natural fresh water source. I would extremely support learning about ecosystems and other scientific things through the use of Lake Erie. The possibilities are endless for the things that students could learn through thoroughly studying our fresh ware source.

No comments:

Post a Comment