Thursday, September 23, 2010

Frist Service

Yesterday was the first communication I had with my group leader for service. She went over the dress code, where our assigned service location was, and what to expect. I will be going to a sensory room in Garity. My group leader gave me the impression that I would be working with young children. She mainly made it sound like I would be watching young children; somewhat like babysitting. There is only one other girl in my assigned my room. I am very excited to meet this kids. Hopefully, I can have a positive impact on some of their lives and bring smiles to their young faces.
The young children who will be at this place of learning will be under privileged and in need of a good roll model. I am very excited about this. I have a young brother Jacob, who is ten. I feel that played a very substantial roll in the raising and upbringing of him. I can only hope that I can also have a positive influence on some of these kids as well.
Although I am very excited for this upcoming experience, my group leader did raise a few questions when she was explaining what service may be like. She said that since the kids have had poor upbringings they some things that may make you uncomfortable, and if so, you should let the teacher know. I wonder if that will actually happen. Hopefully, since I have younger children, I will not be faced with a difficult situation like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment