Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Personal Information

My name is Jarod Artman. I was born in Ocalla, Florida. My primary e-mail address is jartman13@jcu.edu. Although, I was born in Ocalla, Florida, I lived most of my life in Ashtabula, Ohio. I am currently a sophomore at John Carroll University and love every minute of it. As an aspiring teacher I would enjoy teaching Physical Education. At least, that seemed to be my initial career choice. I am currently enrolled in an Anatomy class. The class is very intriguing and has made me consider wanting to teach something more related to that, but only time will tell. I play basketball at John Carroll and enjoy it a lot. One thing that most people don't know about me is that I have a tattoo on my right rib cage. It says "Strength does not come from physical capacity from indomitable will." Underneath the quote there is the date 7-1-2010. That specific date is the day that my grandfather passed away. I felt that that quote describes my grandfather very well. I use it as inspiration to make it through life's daily troubles. I feel comfortable sharing my intellect with just about anyone. The mind is a terrible thing to waste I feel that all people can have insightful opinions. I am a very talkative person. I enjoy talking in class when called upon and giving my input on topics. I attempt to come to every class and do my work on time, but as we all know, no is one a perfect and everyone has flaws. At the beginning of this school year I told myself that would do better at reading the assigned readings for class. I am honestly able to say that I have been doing very well.
When I attempt to think of my school memories I always think about the fun times that I had with friends while walking through the halls of my old high school. I feel that some issues with the education field is the determination and the passion that the teachers have. Many students become teachers because they feel that it is an easy profession. I hope to be passionate and exciting for my future students. In this class we need to share ideas about teaching and discuss our different teaching styles. We need to avoid hostility towards one another and be a class, we need to be open to new ideas and opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment